Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feeling Racy: My Week in Lotro

From Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - Wednesday, February 16, 2011....

On Wednesday, I went back to Evendim and completed the advanced Kergrim slayer deed and topped out my Zeal virtue. I then ran to Eregion to complete the hidden "Ridge-Racer" deed. Here I am staring off into the distance from the ridge.


I then joined a group running Carn Dûm, because someone wanted to get the slime for a class deed. This group continued into Thursday morning, and we ran 11 of the bosses, but then most had to drop group. We planned to rejoin the fight on Thursday evening.

Thursday, no one from the Carn Dûm group was on, so I went to the Misty Mountains to finish some slayer deeds. A group was running them, and I joined it. We completed a number of the slayer deeds there, but killing giants is a bit tiring, so we disbanded. I returned to Moria and completed the Nameless slayer deed in the Shadowed Refuge.

On Friday, I continued the slayer deeds in Shadowed Refuge. At this point, the Carn Dûm instance had reset, so I couldn't complete the last few bosses there. Instead, I ran the Sixteenth Hall for the first time.

On Saturday, I joined a group running Urugarth in Angmar (the group included several people from the Carn Dûm group). We completed the run, and I joined a raid in Helegrod. Once done there, I discovered that the level for the "Executioner of the Wicked" deed in Haudh Iarchith had been drastically reduced, so I completed it (and picked up a deed I thought I had already done). I then ran to Mirkwood to do a couple of quests there. I even managed to complete the 2.5.5 Battle of the Way of Smiths (helping a group, we tried all three, but I've completed the defense of the 21st hall, and we failed miserably at the Battle of Deep Way).

On Sunday, I began working on Book 1 of Volume 3 (I have yet to complete Volume 2). I completed through the Rescue in Nûrz Gâshu, but failed at it due to a technical mistake (called a side-instance that turned out to be a major dragon; I couldn't handle the lieutenants and that boss at the same time, and I was too tired to care).

On Monday, I logged in on my Guardian because I need to gather some ore for my other alts (I have 9 alts, 7 of which covers the spectrum of Vocations). I'm finding I love the Guardian class, so I continued on with him on Tuesday, running enough quests and slaying enough beasts to level him up to 25. At this point, he running Esteldín quests and slaying beasts in the North Downs.

Tonight, I decided to forego logging in. Seems like that is becoming a trend on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment