Monday, August 8, 2011

What's In A Name?

My Internet "handle", so to speak, is "jewahe". It's a combination of the first two letters of my first, middle, and last names (except that I changed the last letter from a to e - "jewaha" didn't have the same ring to me). I've used this username since I first signed on way back in 1998, and I have accounts all over the place under it. Pretty much, if you see that name, it's me.

When I first signed into Lord of the Rings Online, I figured I'd be able to use it. Unfortunately, it is against the in-game naming rules for an Elf from Mirkwood. As a result, I patched together a name using the base "ahe" and the on-screen rules: Elahedor.

I've never been particularly fond of the name, and I was too short-sighted to realize I'd be stuck with it. Of course, over time, I've been identified with the name.

There is an option to change the name, but it costs around $20.00, and I'm just not willing to spend that kind of money.

Anyway, today, I was playing with names, and discovered that "ghewahe" is an acceptable name. Thus, I have created a new character on Crickhollow, an Elf from Rivendell. So, now I finally have a character that somewhat matches my usual online identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment