Tuesday, January 18, 2011

History

Confession time: my first toon was actually a Rune-Keeper, created on the Windfola server. When I began playing LotRO, Turbine offered a two-week trial (it's now free to play the game). When I have played games that allow role-playing, I usually gravitate to more "magical" classes, and the Rune-Keeper seemed right up my alley. I got the character up to level 21, and was heading into the Lone-Lands by the time the trial subscription ran out. It didn't take much thought to decide to subscribe.

At the time, I didn't realize that each server is a separate world. I assumed that you created a character, and that character could be played anywhere - the servers were merely a way to keep the population balanced.

At the end of the process of subscribing
, I got directed to the Vilya server - and there was no sign of my RK. I was sort of mad, but I figured that the trial characters didn't count, and players had to start over in the "real world"; thus I rolled my LM.

No comments:

Post a Comment