Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Toolbar

Here is a copy of my toolbar.


I use the TonicBars plugin, which gives me an extra toolbar. I also have a widescreen monitor, so I have the real estate to do things others might not be able to.

I organize my skills as much as possible. However, because some skills have multiple uses, it's not always perfect. However, the bars are organized as follows:

  • The main quickslot bar contains the skills I use most commonly. The melee skills are at left, the ranged skills in the middle, and the mezz skills at the right.
  • The first row is comprised of Toolbar 1 & 2. From left to right, this bar contains: the skills that I apply to others (heals, power up, etc), the skills for debuffing and damage over time, and the legendary skills that have relatively long cooldowns.
  • The second row is comprised of Toolbar 3 & 4. This contains my self-heals (although I'm not sure why Back from the Brink is there), the stuff I throw on the ground, and miscellaneous skills (the black thing at the end is a shortcut to load the plugins manager).
  • The third row is comprised of Toolbar 5 & TonicBar 1. This row contains mostly pet skills. There are some potions there that I need quick access to the other day, and I just haven't removed them yet. The track resources skill is at the left (I'm a woodsman).
  • The fourth row contains my pet bar.
I find that using this layout keeps me from having to move the mouse a lot - I can reach everything quickly as needed, including fellowship maneuvers.

I have an additional vertical TonicBar that runs down the right of my screen; this bar contains my travel skills (mounts, quick travel to personal & kinship homes, and the "return to" skills I've earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment